KENNETT SQUARE, Pa. - Emergency officials were called to a hazmat incident at a mushroom facility in Chester County.
The incident was reported shortly before 12 p.m. Wednesday at the farm located at 649 West South Street in Kennett Square.
Officials said a chemical that was released inside a building was causing people to feel dizzy.
As a result of the spill, twelve employees were decontaminated and transported to local hospitals.
The processing facility has been evacuated and the source of the spill has been contained.
There were no evacuations made beyond the processing facility.
Send a breaking news alert
Report a correction or typo
Learn more about the 6abc apps