FAIRMOUNT - Philadelphia police say thieves have been targeting Jeep Wranglers and stealing the batteries from the vehicles.
There have been at least ten thefts in the Spring Garden and Fairmount sections of the city.
The locations are:
1) 2100 block Arch Street
2) 600 block N. 20th Street (two thefts at this location)
3) 700 block Corinthian Street
4) 1600 block Wallace Street
5) 1800 block Brandywine Street
6) 800 block Woodstock Street
7) 2300 block Green Street
8) 1700 block Wallace Street
9) 2000 block Wallace Street
Police say the vehicles are built in such a way that it's easy to undo the hood latches and make off with a battery quickly.
The Philadelphia Police Department is asking all residents who reside in this area to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity by dialing 911 immediately.
Action News reached out to Jeep about the issue, but they had no comment.
Our research found Jeep does manufacture a hood lock for the Wrangler. It costs $163.
Send a breaking news alert
Report a correction or typo
Learn more about the 6abc apps