3 hospitalized after gas leak explosion

January 7, 2008 1:43:49 PM PST
Three people are on the mend after being injured during an explosion in Philadelphia's Germantown section. It happened shortly before noon on Monday along the 66-hundred block of Chew Avenue.

Firefighters arrived at the two-story home to find a man with second-degree burns, a boy with burns to his forehead, and an elderly woman, also suffering from burns. All three victims were taken to Einstein Medical Center for treatment.

Investigators say a crack in the flex hose of the stove resulted in a gas leak. One of the home's occupants attempted to light the pilot, but when the flame came into contact with the gas a mini explosion occurred.

Luckily none of the injuries appear life threatening.


Load Comments