Hotel making safety improvements

January 20, 2008 8:55:22 AM PST
The Best Western near Allentown is taking steps to reassure its guests that it's a safe place to stay.

A hotel guest died from carbon monoxide poisoning Friday.

Carbon Monoxide detectors are now being installed in all rooms. The detectors are not required by law, but are encouraged.

A 63-year-old man from South Carolina died Friday from the Carbon Monoxide poisoning. One woman was sickened, and remains in critical condition.

Authorities believe a contractor's canopy trapped the dangerous fumes from the hotel's water heaters and pumped them back through the ventilation system.


Load Comments