Fumes cause scare at Montco. school

January 23, 2008 8:40:23 AM PST
Medics rushed to McKinley Elementary School in Abington, Montgomery County Wednesday morning.

Officials say a heating contrator sprayed lubricant on an air ventilation system. When the system was turned back on, the lubricant's fumes spread throughout the building, sickening people.

Firefighters, police and medics responded to the school.

All of the people sick were adults, not students.

Nobody who was ill required hospitalization.

School officials turned on large fans to ventilate the building.

The school remains open.


Load Comments