Faulty heater sparks evacuation at Ursinus

April 2, 2008 5:56:07 AM PDT
Main Hall at the college sent smoke throughout the building.

Firefighters tell Action News that a heater/air conditioning unit malfunctioned around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday. The problem in the building on Main Drive in Collegeville, Montgomery County, sent smoke and an oil smell throughout the building.

After the 4-story building was evacuated, firefighters conducted a search and needed about 20 minutes to get the fire under control.

Nobody was injured.


Load Comments