Dog electrocuted by jolt from light pole

May 27, 2008 5:38:44 AM PDT
A woman is mourning after her dog was killed by a stray jolt of electricity from a light pole in Queens.

Celia Sing says she was taking her 7-year-old Siberian Husky Sebastian for a a walk on Sunday near her apartment in Long Island City when he stopped at the pole.

Sing says her dog fell to the ground and began shaking uncontrollably before dying right in front of her eyes.

Because of the holiday weekend, Sing says she has been unable to get answers from the Department of Transportation. The light pole was replaced on Monday.

The agency did not immediately return a call requesting comment early Tuesday.


Load Comments