Flowerpot spontaneously catches fire

July 18, 2008 5:21:54 AM PDT
Blame it on the pot -- the flowerpot.

Minnesota fire investigators say a home was destroyed when a flowerpot spontaneously caught fire.

Authorities in Mendota Heights say spontaneous combustion can happen in pots with the right mixture of soil, moisture and heat.

The flowerpot had been on the deck in the high summertime temperatures.

Homeowner Dan Stoven says it's hard to believe.

But he's just glad his 17-year-old daughter was able to escape with the help of some passers-by.


Load Comments