Lightning sparks store blaze

July 23, 2008 3:49:32 PM PDT
A bolt of lightning is believed to have started a two-alarm fire at an Upper Merion shopping center. It happened just before 6 p.m. at the Bed Bath and Beyond store in the Valley Forge Shopping Center on Route 202 and Town Center Road.

Witnesses who were in the store say it was hit by lightning from a severe line of storms that moved through the region Wednesday afternoon.

Firefighters could be seen enveloped in smoke on the roof of the store.

There were no reports of injuries.

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments