Cleveland police say teens plotted school attack

September 20, 2008 3:12:38 PM PDT
Police in Cleveland have arrested two teenagers accused of plotting an attack at a high school on the first anniversary of a shooting last year. Cleveland police spokesman Lt. Thomas Stacho (STAH'-koh) says officers arrested two 16-year-old boys Friday on preliminary charges of inducing panic at St. Martin de Porres Catholic High School.

Stacho says the boys were overheard talking about launching an attack on Oct. 11, the anniversary of the shooting at SuccessTech Academy. A 14-year-old boy wounded two teachers and two students before killing himself in that attack.

Police say they found two dozen bottles with cloth wicks in one of the boys' homes that might have been the makings of crude bombs.