2 alarm mattress fire in Reading apartments

October 13, 2008 8:08:41 AM PDT
A mattress fire caused the evacuation of an apartment building in Reading this morning. It happened around 6:00 in the Book Binder apartments, located on the 100 block of North 4th Street.

Reports indicate the fire started with a mattress inside an elevator shaft. The sprinkler system kicked in and contained the fire to the elevator shafts, but not before the fire reached two alarms.

There have been no reports of injuries.

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments