Man sets home on fire during unusual cobweb removal

November 6, 2008 11:36:32 AM PST
Would-be cleaners take note: A blowtorch is not a good substitute for a broom.

Coweta County authorities say Galen Winchell set fire to his west Georgia home Wednesday as he cleaned cobwebs from exterior eaves with a blowtorch. Winchell noticed the blaze when he saw smoke pouring from the attic.

Coweta Fire Investigator James Gantt says the fire was contained to one part of the house, but the entire home had smoke and water damage.

No one was hurt. No phone number was listed for Winchell.


Load Comments