Fire damages Montgomery Co. church

November 12, 2008 8:20:16 AM PST
Investigators say a late-night church fire started in a heating unit on the building's roof. The blaze broke out about 11:00 Tuesday night at the First Baptist Church on the 1600 block of Fairview Avenue in Willow Grove.

The church put a fire alarm in a number of years ago and the heating system tripped the alarm which alerted the fire department.

The fire department arrived and found the building full of smoke and called for a second alarm.

The fire was brought under control within in hour.

No injuries reported and the building has smoke and water damage.

Investigators say the building is structurally sound, but flames and smoke badly damaged the ceiling.

No one was hurt

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments