Fire claims life of South Jersey pediatrician

November 22, 2008 8:32:32 AM PST
He loved her for a quarter century in life. Now, he's joining her in death.

A spokesperson for Cooper Hospital in Camden confirmed to Action News this morning that Doctor Lawrence Eppledied.

He fell out of his burning Woodbury, New Jersey home early Saturday morning. Nancy Epple, his wife of 25 years, did not escape the home alive.

She helped manage her husband's office. They were often helping kids, even though they had no kids.

Fire investigators say overheated extension cords sparked the fire. The Epple's victorian style home had no smoke detectors.

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments