Cause named in Wynnefield fire

November 24, 2008 12:18:54 PM PST
Investigators say the flame from a candle sparked a fire that destroyed an old house that was converted into an apartment building in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia.At about 5:30 Monday morning, flames broke out in the building located in the 5200 block of Parkside Avenue.

The fire burned through the roof of the three-story structure.

A huge ball of fire continued to burn until the situation was brought under control an hour later.

One adult female was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with smoke inhalation.

Only one apartment was occupied in the building.

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments