Passersby help save family from fire

December 2, 2008 12:43:47 PM PST
Two people helped save a family from a house fire in West Philadelphia. It broke out just before 3:00 this morning on the unit block of North Preston Street.

Medics rushed a seven-month-old baby girl to Children's Hospital. There is no word on the baby's condition.

The two men just happened to be driving by when they smelled smoke. They banged on the door to alert the people inside of the danger.

Investigators say the fire started in a fuse box. There were 3 smoke alarms and none had batteries.

Six people lived inside the home. The Red Cross is now assisting them.

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments