4 hospitalized from carbon monoxide leak

December 14, 2008 6:06:33 AM PST
A carbon monoxide leak has sent four people, including two children, to the hospital. Several homes were evacuated on North 19th Street in Philadelphia's West Oak Lane section this morning.

The source of the potentially deadly fumes may be linked to a beauty salon nearby.

Fortunately, a working carbon monoxide detector alerted people to the danger and may have saved their lives.

The victims did not sustain any non-life threatening injuries.

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments