Residents, dogs saved from fire

January 3, 2009 7:16:09 AM PST
Fire sent some residents scrambling from their rowhomes in Philadelphia.

The fire broke out early this morning inside 2081 East Clearfield Street in Port Richmond.

Police arrived on scene and helped residents and two dogs from the burning home. No injuries were reported.

Two neighboring homes also sustained damage before the fire was brought under control.

The Red Cross is helping out those left homeless by the blaze.

Investigators have not said what sparked the fire.

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments