Five hospitalized for CO poisoning

January 2, 2009 3:36:18 AM PST
A release of carbon monoxide inside a Philadelphia home, has five people in the hospital. It happened on the 400 block of North Front Street in the city's Olney section, at about 4 a.m. Friday.

Police say two adults and three children were taken to Einstein Hospital for evaluation.

This comes just a day after Philadelphia implemented a new law requiring all homes to have an alarm, that detects this gas. It's unclear if this home had the device.

Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless and sometimes called "the silent killer."

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments