Goats suspected of causing barn fire

February 11, 2009 4:47:27 AM PST
These goats may have gotten a baaah-d idea from Mrs. O'Leary's cow.

A fire destroyed a barn near Laramie, Wyo., on Monday. Firefighters suspect some goats inside the barn started the fire by nibbling through electric heater cords or knocking down a heating lamp.

Barn owner Dale Wood says the barn was a total loss and at least three female goats died.

Neighbors alerted Wood's son to the fire, who called firefighters and tried to put out the flames.

For years, legend had it that Catherine O'Leary's cow started the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.

CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter

CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website

CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments