1 hospitalized after Del. fire started by candle

February 24, 2009 6:01:12 AM PST
Fire officials say a candle started a fire in an apartment building in the Holly Oak area that sent one man to a hospital. The fire in a second-floor apartment was reported around 10 p.m. Monday at the Riverview Apartments, in the first block of Golden Acres Drive.

Firefighters contained the fire to the living room of that apartment.

One man was taken to Christiana Hospital suffering from minor smoke inhalation.

Deputy Fire Marshal Alan Brown says the fire was started by a burning candle. He says it was ruled accidental.


Information from: The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal, http://www.delawareonline.com

CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter

CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website

CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.