Small blaze erupts in U of Penn dorm

April 22, 2009 11:09:05 AM PDT
A small fire forced students from their rooms in a high-rise dorm. The fire occurred around 2:15 a.m. Wednesday in the elevator lobby of the 22nd floor of Rodin House. Students say they were awakened by screams, the fire alarm and smoke.

Penn fire and emergency services chief Eugene Janda says the blaze does not appear to have been accidental.

Crowds of students who live in Rodin waited in the Harnwell and Harrison College House lobbies for two hours until they were allowed to return to their rooms. No injuries were reported.

A school official says water damage occurred on floors 20 through 22.

The Philadelphia fire marshal is investigating.

---

Information from: The Daily Pennsylvanian, http://www.dailypennsylvanian.com

Follow Action News on Twitter

Get Action News on your website

Follow Action News on Facebook

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments