• WEATHER ALERT Severe Thunderstorm Warning

Man on oxygen burned after lighting up

May 4, 2009 8:39:32 AM PDT
Dover police say a 78-year-old man on oxygen treatment was critically burned when he lit a cigarette, igniting the oxygen. Police said the fire began at the home in the 400 block of Nimitz Road around 2:20 p.m. Saturday.

The Dover Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire.

Dover police spokesman Lt. Tim Stump says the man was burned on his face and body. He was flown to Crozer Chester Burn Center in Chester, Pa., where he was last listed in critical condition.

Follow Action News on Twitter

Get Action News on your website

Follow Action News on Facebook

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments