Trash workers burned by chemical

June 29, 2009 10:17:16 AM PDT
Two trash workers in Gloucester County, New Jersey were burned by an industrial strength drain opener Monday morning.It happened around 11:00 a.m. in the 300 block of West Buck Street in Paulsboro, New Jersey.

According to Gloucester County emergency management, the crew was doing their regularly scheduled municipal trash pick up.

Investigators say the drain opener was in the trash and exploded when it was placed in the truck's compactor.

One worker has third-degree burns on his face and mouth.

The other worker was also burned, but not as severely.

Both were transported to Crozier Chester Hospital where they remain at this time.

They both work for Casworth, a waste service company.

Follow Action News on Twitter

Get Action News on your website

Follow Action News on Facebook

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments