Underground fire sends CO into buildings above

July 12, 2009 9:38:57 AM PDT
An underground fire in Delaware County knocked out power and sent deadly levels of carbon monoxide into several buildings. It happened on North Lansdowne Avenue in Lansdowne right around 9:30 Sunday morning.

Fire officials say that an underground power cable caught fire.

That's what sent the potentially deadly gas into the basements of three buildings.

The buildings were evacuated and no injures were reported.

Follow Action News on Twitter

Get Action News on your website

Follow Action News on Facebook

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments