New Castle house fire ruled accidental

October 19, 2009 7:00:05 AM PDT
The Delaware Fire Marshal's Office says a house fire near New Castle was an accident.

Firefighters went to the home on Onaway Place around 8 a.m. Sunday after receiving reports of a house fire at a one-story home. The investigation shows an electrical malfunction in a storage area attached to the home started the fire which spread to the attic.

Authorities say the four adults in the home escaped and are staying with relatives.

The fire was under control in 40 minutes and caused $25,000 in damage.


Load Comments