Swiss reject another bail offer from Polanski

October 30, 2009 8:24:48 AM PDT
The Swiss Justice Ministry says it has rejected another appeal by Roman Polanski to be released from prison because of the high risk he would flee the country.

Ministry spokesman Folco Galli told The Associated Press that Polanski's request was received earlier this week.

He said Polanski made a "high bail" offer, but one that didn't allay fears he would flee justice.

The 76-year-old filmmaker has been in Swiss custody since his arrest last month as he arrived in Zurich to receive an award from a film festival.

He is fighting extradition to the U.S. for having sex in 1977 with a 13-year-old girl.

Follow Action News on Twitter

Get Action News on your website

Follow Action News on Facebook

Click here to get the latest Philadelphia news and headlines from across the Delaware and Lehigh valleys.


Load Comments