This snake was no nightmare

Get news from the world where animals and oddities rule!

September 15, 2010 5:14:29 AM PDT
It was no nightmare.

A 15-year-old California boy was bitten by a snake while he slept.

Arturo Lopez tells City News Service he felt something on his hand and it bit him.

The snake had poked its head out of a wall heater in the teen's Los Angeles area apartment.

Firefighters told the boy the snake wasn't poisonous.

Animal control officials believe the snake probably belonged to a previous tenant and had been living inside the heater for a couple of months.


Load Comments