Electrical problem blamed for massive Pottstown fire

December 13, 2010 11:48:04 AM PST
An electrical failure is blamed for a devastating fire at an apartment building in Pottstown, Pa.

The resulting fire caused between $175,000 and $200,000 in damage, investigators said.

Flames raced through the Wexford Apartments on Elm Street in Pottstown Saturday night.

Fire officials say the fire broke out in the top floor of the B Building of the Wexford Apartments. Within minutes, they say it went to three-alarms.

By the time the fire was put out, twelve units were destroyed.

Luckily, no one was injured in the fire.

The Red Cross says they have assisted 12 families consisting of 30 people. Officials say is still possible other families will need their assistance as not everyone living at the complex has sought their aid.


Load Comments