Man rescued from roof of burning Pa. home

January 25, 2011 11:47:34 AM PST
Firefighters rescued a man from the roof of a burning home on Tuesday in Bucks County.

The fire happened around 11:00 a.m. at a house in the 900 block of Old Bethlehem Pike in Richland Township.

When firefighters arrived they found the home on fire and the owner stuck on the roof.

Investigators say the fire likely started in the second floor walls, most likely from the creosote in the chimney. The owner was on the roof with a garden hose trying to put out the flames when the fire department arrived.

They were able to rescue the man and put out the flames with no injuries.

There is no word yet on how this fire started.

Load Comments