Cooking Time: 1 hr 40 min
- 2 small onions, cut into quarters, divided
- 1 cup parsley sprigs, washed
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) whole chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
- 6 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 8 ounces baby carrots
1. Soak a clay cooking pot and lid in water for 10 to 15 minutes (see Note).
2. Place half the onion quarters and the parsley in cavity of chicken. Tie the legs together with string and place in pot.
3. Evenly sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme. Add wine, if desired, potatoes, carrots, and remaining onion around chicken. Cover pot with lid and place in cold oven.
4. Bake at 450ºF. for 90 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Carefully remove lid from pot and continue cooking 10 to 15 more minutes for a crisper chicken.
No clay pot? No problem! Simply use a heavy ceramic baking dish and cover it with foil.
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. © 2010 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.