The fire broke out just after 5:00 p.m. at a row home on the 2000 block of South Garnet Street.
Arriving firefighters noticed the back of the home heavily engulfed.
It took crews close to a half hour to extinguish the blaze.
Two people suffered injuries associated with electric shocks. One victim was taken to Hahnemann Hospital and the other was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
All injuries are believed to be non-life-threatening.
There is no word on a cause for the fire.