But thanks to Bargain Babe, we are learning the rules of a new food swap trend that will expand your pantries without costing you a penny.
It's simple! Here's how it works:
1. Gather a group of home cooks and schedule a time where everyone brings homemade foods that they have prepared.
2. Everyone packages their items. It can be anything from jams to cookies, muffins, quiches, you name it. Make sure they are separated in individual containers or bags so people can take them home easily.
3. Nothing is for sale! This is a SWAP. You trade.
4. Make sure you label your items and list ingredients.
5. Bring samples so people can try before they commit.
6. Set up tables, a swap sheet, and then trade away!
Today's Saving Tweets:
FreshCoupons: Free Single Serve Cup of Skinny Cow Ice Cream When You 'Like' Them on Facebook (Printable Coupon) http://bit.ly/jkL59b
CutThemCoupons: Coupon of the Day - Save $0.75 on any one Starbucks Ice Cream pint! http://bit.ly/jnV18Z
ExtremeCoupon Dreyer's Ice Cream Coupon: There is a HOT NEW Dryeyer's Ice Cream Printable Coupon available on Coupons.com http://bit.ly/ivQepC