July 24, 2011 --Mr. Food has a delicious way to cool off on a hot summer day.
- 4 medium-sized ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2?medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4?cup olive oil
- 1/4?cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2?cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4?teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the?tomatoes, onion, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, dill, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a?soup?pot, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a bowl. Cover pasta with chilled tomato mixture, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately.