Arrest in wedding photos scam, rightful owners sought

December 14, 2011 5:19:16 AM PST
Burlington County officials are looking for the rightful owners of hundreds of old wedding photos.

The pictures were surrendered by the photographer who took them after he was sent to prison last year for fraud.

This is a story that goes back to 2008.

That's when Action News first told you about Jack Holton. He's still serving time after failing to live up to his promises while operating Renaissance Photography and Weddings Unlimited LLC.

Holton took more than $250,000 from 88 clients, but failed to produce their wedding albums.

"I have no money. There's absolutely no money to do anything," Holton told Action News in the fall of 2008.

Two years later, the owner of South Jersey based Renaissance Photography and Weddings Unlimited was convicted and sent to three years in prison.

The photos are now available to be picked up.

"We have a couple hundred disks of photos taken by Renaissance Photography. Each drawer is loaded with discs," Renee Borstad of the Burlington County Consumer Affairs said.

Holton's attorney surrendered the photos to Burlington County and now the county wants to get the CDs and pictures to their rightful owners.

Officials believe most of the photos were taken between September 2002 and May 2009.

"We know what it feels like not to get what you paid for and, of course, when you get married, that's a whole new ball game. We have people who have divorced already and they still wanted their pictures," Borstad said.

If you think your pictures may be at Burlington County Consumer Affairs, call the office at 609-265-5054 during regular business hours.

Load Comments