Univ. of Sciences dorm evacuated for carbon monoxide

February 9, 2012 8:05:01 AM PST
A dorm at the University of the Sciences in Southwest Philadelphia was evacuated on Thursday morning after a worker was sickened by carbon monoxide.

The fire department was called to the dorm on the 700 block of South 42nd Street around 10:00 a.m.

Rescuers say they found high levels of CO in the dish room.

Some 200 people were evacuated while firefighters evacuated the building.

Rescuers say one adult male needed to be taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment.


Load Comments