Hotel guests in Wilmington evacuated twice overnight

June 8, 2012 5:54:46 AM PDT
Guests at a Wilmington, Delaware hotel were evacuated twice overnight.

It all happened at the Doubletree Hotel at 7th and King Streets.

Investigators say, around 9:00 p.m. Thursday, an employee was getting ready to clean a hood above a stove in the kitchen.

He was putting gasoline in a power-washer when it caught fire, which activated the sprinkler systems. The fire was quickly put out.

Then around 11:00 p.m., water from the sprinkler system seeped into the basement, got into some electric equipment and caused a transformer fire.

That fire was also quickly put out.

Guests were allowed to return to their rooms around midnight.

No one was hurt.


Load Comments