Fire at Del. industrial garage ruled accidental

Fire in St Georges, Delaware

July 27, 2012 3:18:51 PM PDT
A massive fire at an industrial garage in St. Georges, Delaware has been ruled accidental.

The call went out shortly before 11:00 a.m. for a fire at a machine repair garage at 1696 South DuPont Highway.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal said the fire originated in a part of the building that housed a salvage garage.

The cause of the fire was determined to be vapors from fuel being siphoned from a tank igniting, and surrounding combustibles catching fire.

The fire heavily damaged the business and caused an estimated $500,000 in damages, the fire marshal said.

One person, a 22-year-old man, was rushed to the hospital with 1st and 2nd degree burns to his arms. Investigators say he was injured trying to put out the fire. He was expected to be treated and released.

No other injuries were reported.

Load Comments