Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 min
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a long, thin knife, carefully make a horizontal slit through the center of roast. Twist knife gently to make a 1/2-inch hole. (The hole doesn't have to stay open on its own because it's going to be stuffed with garlic.)
3. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil . Saut? garlic cloves 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients (including remaining oil) except the roast; mix well and set aside.
5. When garlic is cool enough to handle, push cloves into hole in center of roast until they fill hole. Rub oil mixture over entire roast and place in an 8-inch square baking dish.
6. Roast 60 to 75 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center indicates 160 degrees F for medium, or until desired doneness.