1. Avoid Power-Zapping Settings: Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other location tracking services when you're not using them. Also set your ringtone to silent or quiet over vibrate, which uses more power.
2. Fetch data less frequently: Your apps and e-mail may be updating even when your screen isn't on. Change your settings so there are longer intervals between data refreshes.
3. Exit apps: Get in the habit of shutting down or "X-ing" out of each app or program every time you finish using it.
4. Turn off notifications: Unless it's a vital update, do you really need to do know each time someone comments on your Instagram photo or Facebook status? Those notifications waste battery power.
5. Go dim: Switch your screen brightness to auto in settings and shorten backlight intervals.
Those tweaks should help keep you away from your phone charger for longer periods of time.