Police ID worker electrocuted in Delaware

October 9, 2012 1:42:16 PM PDT
New Castle County detectives have identified the victim who caught on fire after being electrocuted.

Detectives have identified the victim as 50-year-old Jeffrey Stone from the 100 block of Main Street in Townsend, Delaware.

The investigation revealed that Stone was working in a bucket style truck in the area of the 100 block of Congressional Drive in the Greenville Place Apartment complex around 4:20 p.m. Monday.

While raising the boom of the truck, it came into contact with Delmarva Power lines which caused the victim to be electrocuted.

The man caught fire as a result of the electrocution.

Arriving officers pronounced Stone dead at the scene.

OSHA is working with detectives on the investigation.

There is no sign of foul play and the victim's family has been notified.


Load Comments