Flames spread through Bucks County home

October 14, 2012 4:19:36 AM PDT
Firefighters were called to battle flames that started in a fireplace and spread to the roof of a home in Bucks County.

It happened around 10:50 Saturday night on the 300 block of Thompson Mill Road in Upper Makefield Township.

Arriving crews found fire shooting from the 4,000 square foot home.

Authorities say the fire spread through the chimney, went to the roof and continued spreading to the upper floors of the home.

Extra tanker trucks were needed to bring in water to the rural community.

The blaze was brought under control within an hour.

Several residents were home at the time but were able to escape without injury.


Load Comments