Trenton woman dies from CO poisoning during Sandy

November 1, 2012 3:07:06 PM PDT
Trenton authorities say a woman who lost her power because of Sandy died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

59-year-old Gracie Dunston was found in her bed just before 2 a-m on the unit block of Morris Avenue.

Crews reported a strong odor of fumes coming from a gas powered generator running inside the basement.

Several other people inside the home showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning and are now recovering at the hospital.

New Jersey officials are reporting several other deaths across the state due to carbon monoxide poisoning from running generators, including a man from Edison and two sisters, 15 and 19, who died in an apartment building powered by a generator in Newark.


Load Comments