2 hospitalized in Wilmington carbon monoxide leak

November 26, 2012 9:27:53 AM PST
Two people needed to be hospitalized after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected inside a Wilmington, Delaware apartment building on Monday.

Firefighters were called around 10:00 a.m. to the 1400 block of N. Harrison Street for the report of a possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

Arriving crews entered the home, who had been converted into three apartments, and found CO levels above 500 parts per million - ten times above the OSHA permissible exposure limit of 50 ppm.

The fire battalion chief at the scene tells Action News that two people were transported to the hospital, however there is no information on their conditions at this time.

A malfunctioning hot water heater is suspected as the cause of a Carbon Monoxide leak.


Load Comments