"The way they were talking like 'we are only doing one side.' I said, 'if it's in the air, it's in the air everywhere," Paulsboro resident Sylvia Epps said.
Sylvia's husband Levi was rushed by ambulance to the hospital Friday when he inhaled the fumes
"I'm scared cause I don't want to get sick from it. It made me sick Friday," Levi said.
Delaware Street which is normally bustling had just a fraction of the traffic it normally does on Monday.
Streets are sealed off and many stores are closed.
Saied Mosad, the owner of Wally's Grocery store, says business is way down.
Mosad is one of those who became sickened when the fumes blanketed the neighborhood Friday after the derailment
"I had to go to the hospital a couple days ago because I felt dizzy, felt sick in the head," Mosad said.