Wind, down wires spark Philly restaurant fire

December 21, 2012 11:28:07 AM PST
Crews were called to a restaurant fire sparked by wind and down wires early Friday morning in the Holmesburg section of Philadelphia.

The fire broke out around 3:15 a.m. at the Ashburner Inn Restaurant on the 8400 block of Torresdale Avenue.

Officials say the wind brought down wires in the rear of the property, landed on an outdoor freezer and started the blaze.

Flames were also showing in a basement circuit box and PECO crews were called in to shut the power off.

One person was injured and taken to an area hospital for treatment.

The blaze was placed under control just before 4:00 a.m.

The fire remains under investigation.


Load Comments