After two months of testimony, attorneys are slated to deliver their final remarks to the federal jury over three days. U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno says jurors should get the case Monday.
U.S. Attorney John Han says testimony from former mobsters and recorded conversations prove the defendants were affiliated with La Cosa Nostra. Han says they are responsible for a "smorgasbord of crimes" that preyed upon the weak and vulnerable.
The investigation stretches back to about 1999, when former boss Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino went to prison. Prosecutors say the 73-year-old Ligambi has led Philadelphia's La Cosa Nostra since then.
Defense attorneys say their clients are innocent.