Electrician catches fire, employee injured in Bensalem blaze

January 18, 2013 9:33:42 AM PST
Two people are injured after a fire at a Bucks County business Thursday evening.

At approximately 4:50 p m. police say a person believed to be an electrician was working on the electrical panel box inside Adams Carpet on the 2000 block of Street Road when an electrical explosion occurred.

Officials say the male, who is in his 40s, was engulfed in flames.

He ran towards the front of the store where some carpet caught on fire.

An employee attempted to assist the victim.

The victim was flown to the Temple University Hospital Burn Center and is in extremely critical condition with burns to over 80 percent of his body.

The employee suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns to his hands and arms.

He was taken by ambulance to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division then transferred to Temple. He is listed in critical condition.

The fire is currently being investigated by the Bensalem Fire Department and Bensalem Detectives.