Gas leak fixed at Darby elementary school

January 30, 2013 9:42:24 AM PST
A gas leak that forced the evacuation of an elementary school in Darby, Pa. has been repaired.

The incident happened on Wednesday morning at Walnut Street Elementary School.

Officials say work was being done on a boiler when the gas leak occurred.

The school was evacuated as a precaution and the students were briefly sent to other schools.

By lunchtime the repairs had been completed and students were allowed to return.

School officials the students will be dismissed from the day at the normal time. No injuries were reported.


Load Comments