Ladies know it's all about the purse, but did you know that how you carry your handbag can say a lot about you?
We are deconstructing the science of pocketbook placement.
Patti Wood, a body language expert from beauty blog Refinery 29 has broken it all down.
"How you hold the purse says it all. You can tell if a person is insecure if they are hiding behind their bag," Wood says. "You can also tell if the person is very trusting. They have their bag in back of them, they don't pay attention."
You decide which of these describes your "purse-onality" and what it reveals about you.
- First, there's the Schlepper: You might have several bags that you carry in a 'wherever fits' manner. This says "You're fatigued, exhausted, and in a rush," it also shows you are trusting.
- The Two-Fer: This style may mean you are feeling a little insecure and hiding behind the bag.
- The Thumb-to-Pit: Otherwise known as the "Sex and the City" hold, suggests you are street smart.
- The Hands-Free look: This says you could be a little nerdy, organized, tidy.
- The Arm-Crook Hook or Showstopper: This screams empowerment. You are wearing the bag as if it's a badge of honor or an award. You feel as if you've got a sense of superiority. Basically, it's the power hold - the bag enters the room before you.